University College Cork
Masters in Management & Marketing
Thesis: My final year project was a practical thesis on introducing MIS (Management Information Systems into large organizations) and is currently in the early implementation phase.
Bachelor of Arts in English & History (Joint Honours)
I am currently working on a relativity new business which allows users, from fledgling start-ups to Fortune 500 companies, in 25 countries (and counting) to accept payments to power their businesses. Currently managing a team of 15+ agents working on a number of different specializations.
– Implemented “lean project” which has delivered a 31% increase in productivity with a team
– Currently head of developing and implementing a reporting solution in order to satisfy business and client requirements working with a number of cross functional departments.
– Participating in projects to enable automate everyday tasks in order to improve C-Sat (Customer service metric) scores
– Ensure that service level is maintained and impacts are managed effectively when
making team decisions – including authorization of training requests, team briefings,
– Implement and maintain departmental processes to meet customer demands and to
improve the quality of service provided.
The primary function of an assistant store manager in Aldi is responsible for achieving the highest sales possible, whilst ensuring an efficient and co-operative working environment andmaintaining excellence in customer service. Day to day aspects included overseeing and ensuring consistency in store standards, minimal operating costs, tightly controlling inventory, price changes, strong due diligence and keeping accurate accounts and cash control.
– Ensuing staff productivity targets are met each day and took corrective action on a number of occasions in order to rectify staff performance related issues
– Undertook responsibility for the upkeep and refurbishment of store equipment of which some effected staff safety and customer experience
– Assisted the area manger with the organisation and staff training for the planned opening of the Wilton Store
– Examined short supply risks for current week and took appropriate action
-Day to day duties included, ordering stock for entire store, merchandising cash control and handling employee related issues
The primary function of this role at present is the management of assets on behalf of NAMA which have been acquired from AIB. The day to day aspects of the role are to support Lending Managers in the management and credit stewardship of a portfolio of customers and ensure appropriate business strategies with key milestones, as agreed with NAMA, are put in place and monitored. My portfolio consisted of a number of bars, restaurants and nightclubs and commercial entities. The portfolio’s ranged in value from 10-100 million.
– Monitoring debtor milestones and taking appropriate action when targets or behaviour was not adhered to
– Successfully gained the approval of more credit papers within team Cork than any other team member
– Administration duties include the preparation of credit papers to Government
– Credit analysis of debtor requests such as the business need and justification for a refurbishment of an office block with a Cap Ex of 1.2 million
– Research and account investigation into possible fraudulent or debtor activity with respect to moving assets beyond the reach of NAMA
– Successfully recovered 1.4 million of assets previously unknown and undeclared to NAMA
– Mediated a number of high intensity meetings between debtors, business partners and related personal with a positive outcome for NAMA
– Financial Statement monitoring to ensure debtor expenditure on construction projects were in line with tenders and estimates. Oversaw the completion of a residential development for over 100+ residential units
Kylemore Services Group
Kylemore Services group is the largest hospitality management company in Ireland and has been awarded ‘best managed company’ by Deloitte 2013. I managed of two Bars on UCC Campus. I led the project for the launch of the Mardyke Pavillion which was a new unit for the business. This role involved working with the Hospitality Manager in coordinating & planning for big events e.g. Silver service for former EU President
– I was responsible for driving and monitoring sales with the freedom to exercise my own marketing and events with each target met and exceeded to date
– Ensuing staff productivity targets were met to match daily net sales in conjunction with a daily stock control and a full weekly audit
– HR responsibilities included recruitment, training and development of staff, one of which went on to replace me upon leaving
– Provided on a daily basis reporting with allocation supply personel to ensure orders were tracked and received as required.
– Launched a new unit for the business which is now achieving an annual turnover in excess of 200k per annum Daily and weekly reconciliation of sales/end of week/ payroll
– Successfully managed a team of permanent and also casual staff & supervisors
STUDENTS UNION CLUB PRESIDENT
University College Cork
July 2012- 2013
For this role I was elected as a full time officer to represent nineteen thousand students & over 60 separate sporting organisations. I was the chief spokesperson of the organisation which governs over 60 clubs in UCC. Throughout the year I worked directly with companies who would like to promote brand to students. Developed financial awareness through managing a seven figure annual budget. I continued to develop event management skills events such as clubs day which had over 8,500 in attendance. This role also involved gaining a lot of experience in public speaking and presentation, (delivered welcome address to over four thousand first years during two weeks of orientation and other sporting ceremonies) Worked on several university initiatives such as the launch and restructure of the main UCC website. Introduced free heart screening for all sports scholarship students and made it available to all students.
Skills and Achievements:
- Experience in Photoshop
- Experience with SEO. (Search Engine Optimization)
- Received the St Colman’s College Business and History awards for best Leaving Certificate Results
- Managed the Munster inter-provincial team, winning the all-Ireland
- Full clean “B” driving licence holder
- Received “Manager of the year” award for the UCC Soccer Club
- I hold three qualifications with the F.A.I in the area of coaching
- Achieved the bronze Gaisce medal
- Please see my recommendations on my LinkdIN Profile